You have most probably seen the many articles, pictures and success stories of individuals restoring their health just by drinking celery juice but, is drinking celery juice something you should be incorporating into your daily routine?
Celery is crunchy, can be salty or slightly sweet and has a high-water content which can prevent dehydration and reduce bloating. Celery also contains many nutrients such as vitamins A, K, C as well as B vitamins. It is also a source of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
Benefits from drinking celery juice may be:
- Reduced water retention. Celery is a natural diuretic therefore can help reduce water retention
- Lowers blood pressure
- May reduce oxidative stress which is stress put on your cells due to free radicals.
- Reduce inflammation. Celery is rich in antioxidants so this can help reduce inflammation
- Protects the liver
- Boosts digestion and reduces bloating
- Can help prevent urinary tract infections. This is due to celery containing anti-microbial properties that can fight bacterial infections within the digestive tract and reproductive organs
With all the health benefits mentioned above, it’s easy to see why this veggie may make an impressive improvement to your health. So, if you are thinking of making celery juice a part of your routine, we have a few suggestions.
- Make sure when purchasing your celery that you are buying organic as you don’t want to be juicing the toxins and pesticides from conventional celery.
- Juice the entire celery stalk including the leaves.
- We recommend starting with juicing enough to make 1 glass a day and leading up to 2-3 glasses a day.